April 12, 2018
A new public version of AmiQuote 3.30 is released now.
This version fixes Google EOD source, adds new intervals to Google Intraday and more.
AmiQuote 3.30 can be downloaded from:
NOTE: 64-bit version of AmiQuote now requires Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 runtime. You may need to download the runtime separately and install it, if you are installing AmiQuote stand-alone (without AmiBroker 6.28 64-bit or higher already installed). If you already have AmiBroker 6.28 64-bit you don't need to do anything.
IMPORTANT! Trial version has download limit of 10 symbols at a time
The upgrade is free for all previously registered AmiQuote users.
Since some people complain that the functionality is no longer free - if you do not want to pay a penny for the program that saves hours of your time - please download your data manually by clicking on Yahoo pages using browser of your choice. It is up to you. Developer time does not cost zero and we do not sell advertisements, so we expect to get paid as you do in 'normal' life. AmiQuote was ALWAYS paid program. The functionality provided for free was for EVALUATION purposes only and you were supposed to pay for the program if you used it everyday. It was always so.
Precise instructions are here: http://www.amibroker.com/kb/2017/05/18/how-to-install-amiquote-3-14-correctly/
CHANGES FOR VERSION 3.30 (as compared to version 3.28)
- Google Intraday downloads now support new intervals 10, 30 and 60 minutes with backfill length upto 1 year (for 30/60 minute interval)
- Google EOD downloads are back again. Market coverage is greater than before and supports EXCHANGE:SYMBOL notation for non-US markets (same as for Google Intraday)
- Yahoo Fundamental Extra now downloads full name too
- Removed unused intervals (3-minute, 120-minute)
- Now defunct Yahoo Fund. Basic option removed
TIINGO and STOOQ usage instructions
Detailed procedure how to configure AmiQuote with TIINGO is here
- If you are getting "Failed to update registry, use REGEDIT" message, then you need to run AmiQuote just once with administrator rights - to do so click on AmiQuote icon with right mouse button and select "Run As Administrator". Do this ONCE. Don't run all the time under "admin" rights because automatic import won't work.
- If you are not able to download more than 2 years worth of data it means you entered too early "From" date. For example if you enter 1900 as "from" date you won't get more than recent 2 years. But if you enter more resonable starting date such as year 2000, then you will be able to download 17 years worth of data
- If it still does not work - you did something wrong. The program works fine, as long above steps are PRECISELY done. Rinse and repeat until it clicks.
AmiQuote is nothing but specialized web browser/downloader. You are using 3rd party web pages/services (Yahoo/MSN/Google/Finam) available to the public and AmiQuote acts like Internet Explorer or Firefox. The availability of data/web pages depends on those 3rd parties and may change in the future. The financial data downloaded from public web sites such as Yahoo Finance/MSN/Google/Finam are for personal use only. Consult 3rd parties' Terms of Service for details. For actual trading we recommend using paid data sources that provide higher data quality and reliability.