June 9, 2011
Stability: - Stable, release version
A new official release version (5.40.3) of AmiBroker is available now. It contains updated documentation and other support files. Making backup prior to installation is recommended practice.
(8 647 712 bytes)
64-bit version (requires Professional Edition license):
(8 972 272 bytes)
Remember to BACKUP YOUR FILES FIRST !
CHANGES FOR VERSION 5.40.3 (as compared to 5.40.2)
- GfxTextOut produced too large text on paper / printout. Fixed.
- GicsID returns empty string when GICS is not defined for symbol
- PlotText: y==Null check added to skip calls that don't produce any output
CHANGES FOR VERSION 5.40.2 (as compared to 5.40.0)
- 64-bit version: MS VC++2005 compiler default floating point code generation option switched back to fp:precise because fp:fast produced incorrect code
- Print preview and Edit->Image->Copy respect Price chart style setting
- Notepad window: pressing Ctrl+C/V/X and ESC key afterwards closed AmiBroker without warning. Fixed.
- Quick review: Volume is printed without using scientific notation upto 9 billion
- Exception dialog "Exit program" exits program forcefully now. This prevents situation when program could not be closed and sometimes corrupted data on exit.
- Selection line is handled properly again in Print preview/Edit->Image->Copy
- AA / Scan outputting lots (10K+) of signals made much faster
- Memory consumption during AA / Explorations reduced significantly, also multi-column explorations are much faster (10x)
- 64-bit version: AB x64 reverted to "Daily" setting when re-entering AA Settings dialog if user previously selected weekly/monthly/quarterly/yearly. Fixed
CHANGES FOR VERSION 5.40.0 (as compared to 5.39.0)
- Fixed crash occuring when drawing object was not deselected prior to switching symbol
- Added extra thread safety measure for Foreign() so it handles situation when other thread is deleting symbol while it is being accessed via Foreign()
- New version (1.3) of 3D chart viewer (O3G) fixes problem with Edit->Copy image function on Vista/Windows 7 with desktop composition turned ON
- Multithreading does not revert to "ON" state on startup when user turned if OFF last time (it was so in 5.34-5.39 to force testing of MT)
- Temporarily removed asInvoker manifest because it created problems with 3rd party programs/plugins that are not Windows 7 compatible (QP2, FastTrack)
- AFL thread termination is safer and faster now (this also eliminates randomly occuring AFL syntax errors when swithing layouts)
- AFL: PercentRank( array, range ) implemented
array - input data
range - lookback range
Returns percent rank (0...100) of the current element of the array within all elements over the specified range.
A value of 100 indicates that the current element of the array is the highest for the given lookback range, while a value of 0 indicates that the current value is the lowest for the given lookback range.
It is equivalent (but 2x faster) to:
function PercentRank2( Data, Periods)
Count = 0;
for ( i = 1; i Ref( Data, -i );
return 100 * Count / Periods;
For more details, instructions and examples how to use new features see What's new document.
For the full list of changes see Release Notes document.
UPGRADE POLICY AND PRICING
- The upgrade is FREE for all users who purchased AmiBroker after February 3rd, 2007
- The users who purchased AmiBroker before February 3rd, 2007 would need to buy upgrade if they want to use this newest version ($99 - Standard Edition, $139 - Professional). If you don't want to pay - you may continue using previous version(s) infinitely.
- To find out when you have purchased AmiBroker and how long your free upgrade period is, use "Account Information" page in the members area at: http://www.amibroker.com/members/info.php
- To purchase new license or upgrade please use our ordering page at: http://www.amibroker.com/order.php