April 10, 2019
A new public version of AmiQuote 3.33 is released now.
NOTE: 64-bit version of AmiQuote now requires Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 runtime. You may need to download the runtime separately and install it, if you are installing AmiQuote stand-alone (without AmiBroker 6.28 64-bit or higher already installed). If you already have AmiBroker 6.28+ 64-bit you don’t need to do anything.
CHANGES FOR VERSION 3.33 (as compared to version 3.31)
- Fixed Stooq.pl after site change
CHANGES FOR VERSION 3.31 (as compared to version 3.30)
- Added support for BarChart.com (OnDemand Bar Chart free quotes) – free US stocks, futures intraday (one month) and EOD quotes. REQUIRES free Barchart API key signup: https://www.barchart.com/ondemand/free-market-data-api to be entered in the Tools->Settings. Free account allows to download upto 150 symbols per day
- Now defunct Google Intraday option removed
Precise instructions are here: http://www.amibroker.com/kb/2017/05/18/how-to-install-amiquote-3-14-correctly/
TIINGO and STOOQ usage instructions
Detailed procedure how to configure AmiQuote with TIINGO is here
- If you are getting “Failed to update registry, use REGEDIT” message, then you need to run AmiQuote just once with administrator rights – to do so click on AmiQuote icon with right mouse button and select “Run As Administrator”. Do this ONCE. Don’t run all the time under “admin” rights because automatic import won’t work.
- If you are not able to download more than 2 years worth of data it means you entered too early “From” date. For example if you enter 1900 as “from” date you won’t get more than recent 2 years. But if you enter more resonable starting date such as year 2000, then you will be able to download 17 years worth of data
- If it still does not work – you did something wrong. The program works fine, as long above steps are PRECISELY done. Rinse and repeat until it clicks.
AmiQuote is nothing but specialized web browser/downloader. You are using 3rd party web pages/services (Yahoo/MSN/Google/Finam) available to the public and AmiQuote acts like Internet Explorer or Firefox. The availability of data/web pages depends on those 3rd parties and may change in the future. The financial data downloaded from public web sites such as Yahoo Finance/MSN/Google/Finam are for personal use only. Consult 3rd parties’ Terms of Service for details. For actual trading we recommend using paid data sources that provide higher data quality and reliability.