May 27, 2011
AmiBroker 5.40.2 Release Candidate 2
Stability: - Stable, almost as good as final release version
This is a Release Candidate 2 version. Make a backup first
A new RC version (5.40.2) of AmiBroker has just been released. It contains updated documentation and other support files.
(8 643 232 bytes)
64-bit version (requires Professional Edition license):
(8 970 936 bytes)
Remember to BACKUP YOUR FILES FIRST !
CHANGES FOR VERSION 5.40.2 (as compared to 5.40.0)
- 64-bit version: MS VC++2005 compiler default floating point code generation option switched back to fp:precise because fp:fast produced incorrect code
- Print preview and Edit->Image->Copy respect Price chart style setting
- Notepad window: pressing Ctrl+C/V/X and ESC key afterwards closed AmiBroker without warning. Fixed.
- Quick review: Volume is printed without using scientific notation upto 9 billion
- Exception dialog "Exit program" exits program forcefully now. This prevents situation when program could not be closed and sometimes corrupted data on exit.
- Selection line is handled properly again in Print preview/Edit->Image->Copy
- AA / Scan outputting lots (10K+) of signals made much faster
- Memory consumption during AA / Explorations reduced significantly, also multi-column explorations are much faster (10x)
- 64-bit version: AB x64 reverted to "Daily" setting when re-entering AA Settings dialog if user previously selected weekly/monthly/quarterly/yearly. Fixed
CHANGES FOR VERSION 5.40.0 (as compared to 5.39.0)
- Fixed crash occuring when drawing object was not deselected prior to switching symbol
- Added extra thread safety measure for Foreign() so it handles situation when other thread is deleting symbol while it is being accessed via Foreign()
- New version (1.3) of 3D chart viewer (O3G) fixes problem with Edit->Copy image function on Vista/Windows 7 with desktop composition turned ON
- Multithreading does not revert to "ON" state on startup when user turned if OFF last time (it was so in 5.34-5.39 to force testing of MT)
- Temporarily removed asInvoker manifest because it created problems with 3rd party programs/plugins that are not Windows 7 compatible (QP2, FastTrack)
- AFL thread termination is safer and faster now (this also eliminates randomly occuring AFL syntax errors when swithing layouts)
- AFL: PercentRank( array, range ) implemented
array - input data
range - lookback range
Returns percent rank (0...100) of the current element of the array within all elements over the specified range.
A value of 100 indicates that the current element of the array is the highest for the given lookback range, while a value of 0 indicates that the current value is the lowest for the given lookback range.
It is equivalent (but 2x faster) to:
function PercentRank2( Data, Periods)
Count = 0;
for ( i = 1; i Ref( Data, -i );
return 100 * Count / Periods;
For more details, instructions and examples how to use new features see What's new document.
For the full list of changes see Release Notes document.
UPGRADE POLICY AND PRICING
- The upgrade is FREE for all users who purchased AmiBroker after February 3rd, 2007
- The users who purchased AmiBroker before February 3rd, 2007 would need to buy upgrade if they want to use this newest version ($99 - Standard Edition, $139 - Professional). If you don't want to pay - you may continue using previous version(s) infinitely.
- To find out when you have purchased AmiBroker and how long your free upgrade period is, use "Account Information" page in the members area at: http://www.amibroker.com/members/info.php
- To purchase new license or upgrade please use our ordering page at: http://www.amibroker.com/order.php
Filed by Tomasz Janeczko at 9:22 am under Releases
Comments Off on AmiBroker 5.40.2 Release Candidate 2