AmiBroker.com has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy.
We only collect information that is absolutely necessary to provide our products and services to you and/or to meet our legal obligations.
We strive to provide maximum privacy. We do not and will not sell your data to third parties. We are proud to have no advertising policy on this site. We don't use Google Analytics or any other advanced tracking/profiling.
The AmiBroker.com is small software development business specialising in technical analysis software. AmiBroker.com is a data controller for this site. We have registered office in Wroclaw, Walbrzyska 55, Poland, EU member state. We refer to ourselves within this policy as we or us. If you have any questions regarding this policy please contact us at email@example.com
We collect information when you visit our websites, purchase and use our software products, contact us by email, use our community forum, or otherwise communicate with us.
We collect your personal information in a number of ways which are described below:
- When you communicate with us by email, online chat, forum, phone or otherwise
- When you visit our websites, including support areas, signing up to one of our email updates, complete forms, shop online at our online shop, apply for a job with us, create an online account with us or post a comment on a blogs or community forum
- When you license and use our software products
- We also may collect information about you from third parties (such as payment processor / reseller as detailed further below in sections 3 and 4)
We collect personal and non-personal information that is necessary to deliver software products and perform the services you have requested, to fulfill orders and keep you informed about your purchases, to provide technical support and improve our software and that is otherwise necessary for us to operate our business.
There are circumstances where you may limit the information you provide us with, but this may affect the service you receive or the information we provide to you.
We may collect and process the following information from you:
Information obtained directly from you (for example, by email, chat, forum, phone or contact/purchase form). We may collect:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Mailing address
We prefer email or forum contact so it is advised that you use just email, we do not need anything else, because as a rule we do not contact clients by phone or other methods.
When you purchase our products we may also collect:
- Minimum payment information (just the amount and which payment method you used). We do not receive and do not process your credit card number or any other detailed payment information as transactions are entirely handled by third party credit card processor companies. If you send money directly to us by wire (without using third-party processor) we collect wire transfer details.
- Delivery address(es) and/or Billing address(es)
- Details of goods and services purchased by you
- Information as to whether or not you are a tax/VAT payer to enable us to invoice you properly
When you use our software products we may also collect:
- Program information including program names and version numbers
- Licensing information including license type/numbers/keys, installation/machine identifier/IP (licensed version)
- Any other runtime information that you provide us voluntarily (such as screenshots, your configuration, formulas, crash data for example when sending bug reports)
When you create and/or use any account with us we may also collect relevant user id and password required to authenticate your identity and secure access to the account.
When you request help, technical support or advice from us we may collect any additional information provided in correspondence when you contact us.
We use the information we hold about you for a number of purposes including to provide services and products you have requested from us, to provide information you have asked for and to develop and improve our services and products. Below we describe how and why we use this information and how long we retain it.
We may use your information in the following ways:
To fulfill our obligations under a contract with you and to otherwise carry out our business
- fulfilling purchases you have made of our products and services (such as sending emails with license keys, user names and passwords to access member services)
- processing your payments (although please be aware we will NOT collect your payment details as they are handled entirely by 3rd party payment processor, not us, unless you wire the funds directly to us)
- contacting you with any important information in relation to your purchase of products or services including confirmation of your orders, reminders, details of any changes, delays or other information relevant to your booking
- contacting you in relation to the renewal of any periodical agreement you have with us
- for the internal administration of any of your purchases from us
- contact you to respond to your queries (for example, if you email us with a question, or post it on our community forum or blog)
- sending notifications and/or emails from forum (only if you signed up for forum account and in accordance with your preferences)
- solving issues with our software and services
- improving our products, websites and online services
When we have your consent
If we received your permission or if you requested us to do so we shall use your information to:
- send you other emails and notifications, in accordance with your specified preferences
- share your details with other specific third party partners (like for example data vendors in order to provide technical support if you ask us to do so)
When we have a legal obligation to do so
In appropriate circumstances we shall use your information to fulfill our legal obligations which may include:
- detecting and reducing the risk of fraudulent transactions in person or online
- undertaking due diligence to detect fraud, money laundering and credit risk and protect the reputation of our company
- for our financial records, tax reporting and accounting
- deleting or updating the information we hold about you if we learn such information is inaccurate
- other legal obligations as are imposed on us from time to time
- complying with your data rights (as further described below in section 6)
When it is in our legitimate interest to do so
We shall use your information where it is in our legitimate interest to do so, to:
- prevent server abuse and maintain network security
- to restrict access to certain areas of web site (such as member's only zone) and services to licensed customers
- to protect our intellectual property (software) from theft, abuse and/or fraud
- learn about your interests, preferences, common problems, issues and solutions so that we can improve our products and provide better service
How long we retain your personal information for
We keep your personal information as long as necessary for the legal purposes set out above. For financial records, tax reporting and bookkeeping it means at least 6 years. For licensing and support it means as long as license to use our product is valid (not terminated).
Other than with respect to the exceptions below, we do not share, sell or otherwise make available your personal information to third parties
We shall share your data with third parties who are performing services on our behalf (for example, when we use third party payment processor or accounting firm), in order to comply with our legal obligations (for example tax reporting) or in order to enforce our rights, property or the safety of the AmiBroker.com our customers or others.
If we have your permission, or it is otherwise made expressly clear in advance, we may share your personal information with third parties such as brokerages or data vendors that also provide services to you to be able to solve technical problems with ours and their software you have licensed.
If we are required to do so by law (for example under a court order) we may share your personal information with law enforcement or regulatory bodies or a government authority investigating unlawful activities.
The AmiBroker.com is committed to keeping your data secure. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access and use. We keep most of the information off-line so it is unaccessible from the Internet. We limit the amount of information kept on-line to absolute minimum necessary to provide web service.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfillment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this policy. This is done in a number of different way including:
- The country we send the data to might be approved by the European Commission as being sufficiently secure;
- The recipient is located in the United States and is a certified member of the approved EU-US Privacy Shield Scheme; or
- The recipient company might have signed up to a contract obliging them to protect your information.
In all such cases we shall ensure that any transfer of your information is compliant with data protection law.
However, please note that the transmission of data via the Internet is not completely secure. Your communications may be routed through a number of countries before being delivered. We cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted to our Websites, however, once we have received your data, we will use adequate security procedures to prevent unauthorised access.
If you live in European Union you have certain rights under EU data protection laws (GDPR) in relation to the personal information we hold and are using about you. To exercise your rights, please use the contact details provided under the Contact Us about your personal information section below.
Your rights include having any inaccurate information we hold about you corrected, or to request that we stop using your personal information in a particular way (for example, you may request that we stop emailing you). Your data protection rights are summarised under the tab immediately below.
You have the following rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data, these rights include:
- To be informed about how we use your personal data (the purpose of this policy);
- To have accurate information held about you, and to have your details updated when they are inaccurate. If you have a member account you may amend your personal details and email address at any time using account information page. If you prefer, you can contact us by email to update your details with us;
- To ask us to delete your data (often called the right to be forgotten). We might not always be able to delete it, under the law there are some circumstances in which we will need to, or are entitled to, hold on to it (like keeping accounting records for tax purposes);
- To get a copy of your personal data. A subset of your data (limited to personal data that you have provided to us in order to perform our contractual obligations) is available in a machine-readable format if required;
- To object to how we use your data, and request that we stop using it for certain purposes. There may be circumstances where you ask us to restrict such uses of your information, but we are entitled to refuse that request. However, we shall always stop using your data for email marketing purposes at your request.
- To withdraw your consent, where we are using your personal information with your consent (as described above in the Why We Collect Your Personal Data and How we use it section).
- If we make a decision about you using automated means, you have right to request that the decision be reviewed by a human; and
- The right to make a complaint if you think that any of your rights have been infringed
To exercise your rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We may request additional information so that we can verify your identity (and to ensure your personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it). If your request relates to a specific transaction with the AmiBroker.com, this may include evidence of that transaction (i.e. a receipt or confirmation).
We may contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to help us enact your rights in accordance with the law.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. However, occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complicated or you have made a number of requests. In such circumstances, we will notify you.
If you would like more information or would like to raise any queries, exercise your rights or make a complaint relation to our use of your personal information, you may contact us at email@example.com
Our products and services are not directed to children under 16, and we do
not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are
under 16 do not use this site and do not use our products and services.
When you visit our websites
The AmiBroker.com operates a number of websites including (but not limited to) the following:
You can browse the AmiBroker.com's Websites without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself.
Web server logging
When you use any web site your browser typically sends some information which may include the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information (where applicable), browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
We use this data to maintain network operation and security, to prevent fraud and spam, diagnose problems with the server and inform the development of our service and provide compatibility with various browsers/operating systems. We do not link this data to anything personally identifiable. This means that a users session will be tracked, but the user will be anonymous.
What are cookies and how do we use them
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you'd expect
- Save you having to login every time you visit the site
- Remember your settings during and between visits
When you visit AmiBroker.com Websites, if your browser is using the standard settings and it is accepting cookies, you are giving consent for cookies on the AmiBroker.com Websites to be stored on your computer. If you do not wish for this to happen, you can disable them in the settings of your browser.
Turning Cookies Off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies (See instructions for Internet Explorer , Firefox, Chrome, Opera). Doing so, however, will likely limit the functionality of our and a large proportion of the world's websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites.
Content embedded from third-party websites
During your visits to the Websites you may be delivered cookies by third-party websites. When you visit a page with content embedded from, for example, YouTube, SoundCloud, Vimeo, Twitter, Google, you may be presented with cookies from these websites. The AmiBroker.com does not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the third-party websites for more information.
Links to other sites
This site contains links to other sites. AmiBroker.com is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such web sites. AmiBroker.com does not ask for, or share information with third party web sites.